Waco electricity rates
|Plan Name||Plan Length||Rate|
|Just Energy - Power Plus 12||12 months||$0.108 / kWh|
|Chariot Energy - GridEdge 36||36 months||$0.119 / kWh|
|Frontier Utilities - Frontier Super Value 24||24 months||$0.127 / kWh|
|Direct Energy - Live Brighter 36||36 months||$0.128 / kWh|
|Gexa Energy - Gexa Saver Deluxe 24||24 months||$0.129 / kWh|
|First Choice Power - You Got This 24||24 months||$0.129 / kWh|
|Express Energy - Flash 24||24 months||$0.135 / kWh|
|4Change Energy - Maxx Saver Select 24||24 months||$0.137 / kWh|
|TXU Energy - Smart Edge 12||12 months||$0.145 / kWh|
|Constellation - 36 Month Usage Bill Credit||36 months||$0.149 / kWh|
|Discount Power - Value Plus 36||36 months||$0.157 / kWh|
|Pulse Power - Texas Green 36||36 months||$0.159 / kWh|
|Reliant - Basic Power 36||36 months||$0.167 / kWh|
|Cirro - Smart Value 12 Online||12 months||$0.186 / kWh|
|TriEagle Energy - Golden Eagle 36||36 months||$0.192 / kWh|
|Payless Power - Premier 12 - Prepaid Plan||12 months||$0.192 / kWh|
|Green Mountain - Pollution Free e-Plus 24 Preferred||24 months||$0.197 / kWh|
Please note: All rates above are accurate as of 5/20/2022, 3:36:30 AM CDT for ZIP Code 76633. Rates may have changed since this date/time. For the most up to date rates in your area, please enter your zip code above.
Waco utility companies and energy providers
In a deregulated energy market, there is a difference between utility companies and energy providers. The utility company is the one that delivers your electricity and maintains the local electric infrastructure. You can’t choose your utility company — it’s based on where you live. Oncor Electric Delivery is the utility in Waco.
While you can’t choose your utility company, you can choose your energy provider. Your energy provider generates the electricity that powers your home. Thanks to deregulation, Waco residents have plenty of providers to choose from, including Cirro Energy, Reliant Energy, TriEagle Energy, and TXU Energy. Currently, you can find plans for as low as 7.4 cents per kWh.
Types of electricity plans in Waco
As you shop for energy options, you’ll encounter the following plan types on our marketplace:
- Fixed-rate plans: You’ll pay a stable monthly energy rate through the length of your contract. You can switch providers before your contract expires, but you might have to pay an early termination fee (ETF) to do so.
- Variable-rate plans: Your monthly energy rate changes each month due to climate, energy load demand, and other factors. Some months you might pay a higher rate, especially in the summer when the need for energy increases. In other months, you may pay a lower rate. Since there is no contract, you can switch providers at any time without penalty.
- Prepaid & no-deposit plans: Most energy providers check your credit before starting service. If your credit score doesn’t meet certain requirements, you may be required to pay an up-front deposit. If you don’t want to undergo a credit check, you can choose a no-deposit or prepaid energy plan. With either, you pay in advance for electricity, and your provider notifies you when your balance runs low.
Enter your ZIP code above to begin exploring a variety of plans from the best electric companies near you.
Waco green energy
Each electricity plan in Texas contains a percentage of green energy, and you can find out the exact amount on the electricity facts label (EFL). If you’re interested in green energy, providers such as Chariot Energy, Gexa Energy, and Green Mountain Energy offer 100% green energy plans. Green energy rates in Waco currently start at 7.5 cents per kWh.
Waco energy for business
If you’re a business owner in Waco, you can take advantage of deregulation and choose your electricity provider. Connect with a Choose Energy expert to create a custom plan for your commercial energy needs. Visit our business energy page or call the number on your screen to get started today.
Waco electric rates in my area
Where you live plays a role in how much you pay for your energy service. You can have the same plan as someone else in the state, but you pay different prices. This is due to the transmission fee–the charge your utility imposes for delivering energy service. Using your ZIP allows your to find the most accurate electricity rates in your area.
Moving to Waco?
With more than 130,000 residents, Waco is located along the Brazos River, about halfway between Dallas and Austin. If you’re planning a move to Waco, you can lock in your new electricity rate now. Start by entering your ZIP code above to compare electric rates in Waco for your new home or business.
How to compare electricity rates with ChooseEnergy.com
Choose Energy simplifies the process of searching for Waco electricity rates. Here’s how to get started:
- Enter your ZIP code. When you enter your ZIP code above, you’ll be able to compare rates and plans from the best electric companies near you.
- Sign up. Once you choose the right plan, you can sign up in minutes using our online marketplace. If you have questions or need more help, call the number on your screen to speak with an energy expert.
- Enjoy your energy savings. Your new provider will coordinate with your utility company and handle the setup, so you can now relax.
Frequently asked questions about Waco energy
Who has the cheapest electricity rates in Waco?
How do I find the best electricity plan in Waco?
First, it’s essential to decide what you want in an energy plan. Do you want a fixed rate or a variable rate? Are you interested in renewable energy? What’s your ideal contract length? Once you’ve answered those questions, you can use the Choose Energy marketplace to explore a variety of electricity plans.
When is the best time to shop for a Waco energy plan?
Energy prices are often the cheapest in the spring and fall when temperatures are moderate. You can find cheap electricity rates in Waco by shopping for a plan when energy demand is low.
How can I lower my electricity bill in Waco?
One of the cheapest ways to reduce your energy bill is to shop around for a more affordable energy plan. If you don’t want to switch plans, you can save money by reducing your energy usage, such as setting your thermostat 8-10 degrees warmer when you leave your home, sealing drafty doors, and using LED lighting.
View by city
- Big Spring
- Copperas Cove
- Del Rio
- Farmers Branch
- Fort Worth
- Haltom City
- Harker Heights
- League City
- Missouri City
- North Richland Hills
- Round Rock
- San Angelo
- Sugar Land
- Texas City
- The Woodlands
- Wichita Falls