How has deregulation impacted Texas City?
Here’s the latest statistics from the U.S. Energy Information Administration:
- Texas residential electricity rates are nearly 11.4 percent lower than the national average.
- Texas commercial electricity rates are nearly 28.33 percent lower than the national average.
- Texas industrial electricity rates are nearly 26 percent lower than the national average.
- Texas generates the most electricity of any state from wind.
- Texas is in the top five each month for generation of electricity from solar energy.
Texas deregulated its energy market in 2002, enabling the power to choose in Texas City and across the state. That means consumers may select their energy provider from a pool of companies. The idea was deregulation would result in competitive pricing between companies and lower energy rates for consumers.
Because of deregulation, Texas City residents are no longer limited to a single energy provider. Consumers in Texas City can choose an affordable and reliable energy supplier that fits their energy needs. Enter your ZIP code above to explore Texas City electric rates and plans currently available.
The Choose Energy marketplace can help you shop for the best rates in your area. The marketplace including a variety of different plans as well as information you’ll need to navigate through the energy industry. Read through the links below to learn more: